Saturday, August 22, 2009

Vegas trip, post 2

Saturday...

Saturday we did even worse and slept til past 11 AM. Wow. I originally woke up earlier, but since there would have been nothing to do I went back to sleep.

We went out for lunch to Yummy Sushi, which is my brother's favorite place. Except what I ordered ended up being not very good. The last time we went to Yummy Sushi they brought us out something to try and I thought they said it was spicy tuna, except it wasn't at all spicy. So this time I ordered spicy tuna, and it was so spicy that for me it was practically inedible. Also I got some sashimi which was OK, but I should have just got normal sushi. Actually I was planning to get all-you-can-eat sushi, but it turns out this place does not have it. Matt had chicken Katsu for lunch, in case you were wondering. He usually doesn't order actual sushi.

After sushi we stopped by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf and I ordered a mocha. We do not have Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in Reno. I don't think it is any better than Starbucks though. I wish Starbucks was not my favorite, but honestly it is for most things.

Then we stopped by Lowe's and picked up a new screen door handle so that Matt could fix my grandma's screen door. She was quite happy to have it fixed up.

We watched a movie or two in the afternoon. My grandma has lots of movie channels.

For dinner that night we stayed at my grandma's and I cooked. :O Ha. I made BBQ breaded pork chops and twice baked potatoes and we had some apple sauce on the side too. I over-cooked the food a little bit, but it wasn't too bad. My grandma wanted me to cook a bunch of porkchops so she could use up some of her freezer stash, and I wasn't sure how much extra time to add with two whole trays of porkchops in the oven instead of the one tray I usually do.

After dinner Matt and I went to Cold Stone for dessert. I got the butterscotch jello pudding ice cream and it was not very good. Matt got the "Founder's Favorite" deal and his was much better than mine. Matt let us switch ice creams towards the end though, which was nice.

After dessert we spend a bunch of time driving around the city aimlessly. Eventually we did stop at Sam's Town, but we were too late to see their laser light show. :( We thought about going bowling there, but neither of us were wearing socks so we decided to pass.

I think that is it about Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment