Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3rd

I do not like months where day 1 starts on Saturday. It is weird to go to work on Monday and have it be the 3rd. Feels like the first two days were missed or something. We label our files based on the date, and sometimes I will look back and be like, "Why don't we have any files for the 1st or 2nd?" Anyway...

Didn't sleep so well last night. Pillows are one of the banes of my existence. Right now my neck does not seem to like any of my pillows. And I don't really want to go buy any more. I have bought sooo many pillows in the past three years. My spine has a ton of alignment issues, which is why my neck is so picky.
Also I have been having some not-very-pleasant dreams lately, and the same theme two nights in a row.

Got a drink from The Human Bean on the way to work. They are a smaller coffee chain that started in Oregon, but now for some reason they are here. Today I got an iced Human Bean Supreme, which is a vanilla mocha.

Work was fine. Not too much going on. I hope it picks up some more soon.
On my lunch break I went to the post office and got a spicy pickle tuna salad from The Spicy Pickle. The tuna salad is not spicy to me though... the pickles they give you on the side are though.

Monday night is currently my favorite night of TV. I like the shows on ABC Family which would be "Secret Life of the American Teenager" and "Bring it On." I loved watching the USA gymnastics team last summer, so it is cool that they made a TV series about promising gymnasts. I am wondering if the girls on the show are real gymnastic hopefuls, and if so, how do they have time to do this show?
I also have been watching the new episodes of "Jon and Kate Plus 8" because I like drama. ;) :D Truly though, that is what sparked my sudden interest.

In the late evening before the sun went down I went outside and picked some weeds. Out here there are evil spikey weeds that attack my feet whenever I walk past them (which is necessary when taking my dog out), so I have been trying to get rid of them. Made some good progress tonight, and hopefully I will get through some more tomorrow.

Big news of tonight is that my husband is working ultra-late. He does computer tech support and tonight he is fixing a server. As I am typing this it is 12:08 AM and he has been at work since 8 AM, which would be over 16 hours now. Geesh. I hope he gets to come home soon and makes it home safely.

Is this blog at all interesting to anyone?


  1. Hey Catherine! Glad to check out your blog. We have a Human Bean in Winnipeg. I like it--one place that has lots of teas and the accompanying paraphenalia that doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

  2. Hi Catherine,

    I just found your blog. I subbed to it but I'm not sure how I will know when you post a new one.